Thursday, May 27, 2010

Learning the Enemy Language


We are familiar with anti-aircraft, anti-tank, anti-personnel but anti-angiogenesis? What about apoptasis, metatasis, proanthocyanidines, and Coenzymes?  Wow, I hope I had spelt them right. I still cannot pronounce them though.

I did a crash language course just to understand the enemy. Big Charlie generally uses Greek and Latin languages, syntax and nuances. But I wouldn’t be surprise if the language used also contain some Sanskrit. It is highly recommended that we learn a word a day to be abreast with Big Charlie.

To keep this post as brief as possible, I link you directly to the US National Cancer Institute’s reference dictionary:

http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary/

 

Allen Lai

 

Lesson Learnt No.12

Nah, You already know this lesson.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kol,

    Talking about diseases, sickness and suffering are very depressing. I suggest we discuss things that make us feel good and something motivational that will keep our morale high always.

    Best wishes.

    Capt. (Rtd.) Hussaini Abdul Karim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all,

    Thanks for your feedbacks. I had permission from Rama to share my experiences and to provide an insight to a terrible illness. I only wished to share my little knowledge of the subject so that Gunners can learn from my mistakes. Sure my subject is never a high morale subject. I can't feel any higher morale in the state I am in for now. I do not apologize for that. But I apologize if I had demoralized anybody. My posts are not meant to demoralize but to to really help others in need. I am sincere and truthful.

    I am out of here before I mess up your lives. Thanks for reading.

    Allen Lai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kol,

    Somehow, when reading about diseases, sickness and suffering, whilst I sympathise with you, do make me feel demoralised. I am quite sure that many others feel the same too. So, if I may suggest, please keep such things private. However, if anyone who is sick wants the members here to pay him/them a visit if or when he/they are hospitalised, all you need to do is to just inform the coordinator to spread the news. I will definitely pay him/them a visit and so do many others here, I am sure.

    Now that many of our members and I are growing older, I am sure they would want to read true stories and experiences that are interesting and those that will make them and I feel good or better.

    Thank you and best wishes.

    Yours sincerely

    Capt. (Rtd.) Hussaini Abdul Karim

    ReplyDelete