Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Size does matter



Yes size does matter. I know. Don't you?

As a Gunner I had experienced with 9mm, 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 20mm,105mm. All are calibre measurements in barrels in the guns and weapons issued in the MAF. Each calibre had its range and carried a certain shell weight. Size does matter.

Today I am still struggling with size and calibres. I use 24mm, 50 mm, 70 mm and 300mm to shoot my targets. I have shot with 300mm but could do with 600 mm.

I used to smell of cordite and sweat from my celerong fatiques, now I smell of baked mud and sweat soaked T shirts. I traded my combat boots for walkabout/running shoes. On ops I would always look out for the enemy and likely ambush areas. My M16 rifle always cocked and ready. Today I walk about always on the lookout for birds and anything that catches my attention. My SLR camera switched on, set and zoomed and ready to shoot; almost always with reflect. My SLR camera can shoot bursts of 5 frames per second.

I am now into photography.

Photography has many things common to gunnery. Calibration, sights, speed, line of sight, and most importantly aim/focus. It all started with me trying my level best to update all the Gunners photographs in this blog as I meet them. And hey presto, I am hooked into photography. I am now better equipped with better cameras and lenses to shoot more than Gunner faces. And Yes, size does matter.

I try to shoot all genres of photography. Birds, animals and of course anything that are photo worthy. Photography is a good hobby for retirees. There is so much to learn and experience. The end results are often very satifying. Below are some of my photos. Let the picture says its thousand words.

Come join me in photography, let's catch the early birds.

Enjoy


Allen Lai






















No comments:

Post a Comment