Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jottings From Perth W.A.

Honouring the brave
 I was on holiday in Perth and made it a point to visit KingsPark. I am impressed how veterans who died in battle are honoured by trees planted by their loved ones. Its a lasting act that fills the park with respect for soldiers. I had a short walk to find a Gunner, and I did. The Blue and Red stood out so proudly. There was also many other memorial type monuments recording the Australian experience over the Great Wars, Campaigns etc. I was moved to see such liveliness in a sombre scenario.I wish we could do this too.

25 pdr
Monument
Recognition
Honours




In Remembrance

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rama, Nice post. Yes like you I will always try to visit army muziums/memorials when overseas. Try to go to to the Bridge of River Kwai, Thailand ( Kanachanaburi ?) The names of Gunners lost will certainly be most moving to any Gunner. Excellent memorial. Colonel

    ReplyDelete