Thursday, August 29, 2013

Selamat Hari Raya



Allen Lai



Hi all,

Selamat Hari Raya. I hope my greetings are not too late to all our Muslim Gunners. I had realised that I should also post my greetings in this blog in addition to my traditional greetings via SMSes.

This Raya, I was able to visit several open houses and also to RAFOC's Hari Raya Do in Kem Wardieburn. Unfortunately I did not meet up with as many Gunners in those occasions as I thought I would.

I wish to personally thank Brig Jen Dato Yusri, commander Air Defence Group who took extra efforts to contact me to extend an invitation to his function last Tuesday. I attended the Open Day and was extremely delighted to meet many serving and retired officers and other ranks. Thank you Dato Yusri.

It was also at this function that I was thanked for my contributions in SHELDRAKE in the past. I was also asked why I had stopped writing lately in my blog for Gunners.

Firstly I have to clarify that SHELDRAKE IS NOT my blog. SHELDRAKE is initiated by Mej Ramachandan, ig (retired). He had invited all of us to contribute in any which way we can.

I also believe that SHELDRAKE is also the blog for the Gunners Club. Thank you Rama for giving us the opportunity to share our experiences and thoughts. Once a Gunner always a Gunner. I shall try to pick up my will to contribute more in this blog.

Take care

Allen Lai



No comments:

Post a Comment