Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to the Warfront Again


Hi everybody,
I am back for awhile. I was drafted into a personal war late last year. The warfront is ablaze and horrible, unlike conventional warfare. Took a quick break from the front to post this.
I am glad I had learnt my lessons well in our tactics courses, in MTAT and in MPAT. I am more glad to have been DS and Instructor whilst in service. I understand Strategy, I understand the importance of terrain and most of all, fire and movement. I know I must fight on grounds of my own choosing. I must identify my GTI. I need all the fire power available and fire at will. I must maintain my momentum. I must.
I must do my appreciation. It must be a Full appreciation with my own pink DS answers and all. A quick appreciation on Aim, Ground and Plan is inadequate. I don’t know nor understand the enemy well, and now the enemy has an upper hand.
As of today I have a better understanding of the enemy. The enemy is ferocious, brutal and intense. The enemy grows from strength to strength every second, every minute, 24/7. The enemy’s combat power is almost unmatchable. The enemy employs blitzkrieg movements with onslaughts far exceeding the pace used by the Germans in WW2. The enemy employs guerrilla tactics and techniques to entrench itself in our weakest area. It establishes a very strong base before breaking out. Once it breaks out, the enemy is almost unstoppable until it is too late for us. The enemy’s strategy has 4 stages. Its operations in the first two stages are almost impossible to detect, unless we do deliberate surveillance over our sensitive terrain.
I was alerted by friendly forces, of possible enemy within my mist late last year. Intelligence units confirmed the presence of the enemy. I was caught sleeping with my pants literally down. The enemy had firmly dug in and entrenched into it’s stage 3 and is in its local advanced stage. I was in total shock when the intel was presented to me. I couldn’t believe it, what, with me nicely retired and starting to look forward to a good life. The Intel was F1 intelligence and confirmed by several sources. I must be drafted into the war. It is my war. My defense pact with several friendly forces is inadequate. There is only so much that they can do and assist. I cannot let them do all the fighting. I am fighting fit and I will fight. I am a Gunner.
I have Cancer.

Allen Lai
PS. I will continue to post my battle reports here, if Rama allows me, otherwise I’ll be on the front until you hear from me again. My old battles will have to take a back seat for now.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong Sir. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Best Regards,
    Capt Rozhan (Retired)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rozhans,

    Yes I am strong. Most times. At times like this our military experience counts. My fire plans are on target.

    Allen Lai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sense of positiveness in spite of the 'bad' news. I am most certain that you will fight and this is a battle that only you must take on yourself. We are only observers, giving you moral and mental support.

    Dont worry sir, I am most certain it is a battle that will only see one winner at the end of the day ie Col (rtd) Allen Lai. I have some good news for you and that is I was just informed by Intelligence that you will have a very important ally on your side ie God. He will guide and encourage you throughout the battle. On my side, my sincere thoughts and prayers will be with you always. I am sure it will be the same for all Gunners. Stay safe, be strong and keep those guns blazing. God is with you!

    Heera Singh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heera,

    Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. I know GOD is on my side. Has been all the time. HE had protected and pulled me along many times. HE will always be there for me and for all of us.

    You take care, and GOD bless you and your family too.

    Allen Lai

    ReplyDelete